Skip to main content

Biking in WS

I would just like to say . . . that I know what doesn't help a lot of southern people in their obesity issue . . .

No Bike Lanes, No Trails, And mostly No Sidewalks
On a 45 mph road mind you
I had a bike lane for .2 miles. I should just ride that up and down 50 times
Until someone feels sorry enough to make it go longer.

I mean maybe if we had chosen to live near the great lake or the National Park, but come on Winston-Salem.

Luckily, all but one car knew how to get over so as not to make me pee my pants.
I tried to stay away from the sharp turns
which luckily brought me to a big hill.
Like dog without water for seven days, I heaved up that hill. 
Half of my hour meander was breezy downhill,
almost enough where I ducked as to not fly off my bike
Yes, I'm even complaining about the downhills.
It's dangerous when there are quick turns and stop signs on a downhill!
Luckily I found my way to a road I recognized and didn't die.
People were screaming out their car and I wasn't sure if it was
"Get off the road fat butt"
or "Oh hey sexy, nice view"

We all know what I'm going to assume!

And dogs chasing after me still freaks me out
I mean there is that chain length fence, but I'm just waiting for that day
when the dogs find a hole.

Any way, Mr Smith promised to help me find a path.
I'm so lost without him =)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...