Skip to main content

Addictions and Life

Sorry we are not in right now, we've been watching 24. 
It lingers right past addiction. 
I've never had a TV show stress me out more.

But we bought a Wii today, and the Smiths who didn't even want the Mario Brothers game that came with it, found a new addiction. Well, Mr Smith did. Today, I saw a different side of my husband. I've never seen him play a video game outside of a few around Christmas with the family. This was a different type of seriousness that wasn't serious at all. We are pretty bad, but luckily I make him look great.  Thank you parents for the Christmas/Birthday/Wedding gift. Any way, it'll be put to use. Hopefully mostly by my new workout. 

I might get depressed sitting at home without Mr Smith and without a job, sounds suicidal to me any way. so if I eat ice-cream and don't exercise, I'll feel like a big pile of crap. Mr Smith is all for not giving me excuses. 

Anything else we'd like to buy this month? This is what we get for not buying anything for awhile and letting the wish list build up for the big move - then you need/want everything. 

All the boxes are out and all the almost all of the pictures are hung. Some without pictures because I don't know who to trust with printing an 11X14, so the cardboard looks great hanging in the kitchen.  As soon as we get the couch and recliners I think it will finally feel like home.  I'm so done with having an air mattress as a couch. 

I made Mr Smith take a few portraits yesterday, not because we're creepy like that, but maybe we are. I scheduled a hair appointment on Tuesday at 1 PM, don't let me forget it. I may have an anxiety attack but I'm cutting it all off. I will most likely cry, but that's what I do to myself because change is growth, right? Or it can be if done right. Hair apparently is lower on the spectrum for end-of-the-world changes, but it's a start for the unemployed house-sitters. But yeah, I just wanted to make sure I had a picture to remember - the longest I've ever gone without a haircut. I'm actually really ready for it; I hate HATE blowdrying my hair and it turns out I never had the will or skill to do anything with it any way.

Kayla's self portrait - photo credit goes to Mr Smith
I wish I could remember all the quotes from the week. We really did have to cherish moving into a new town and having 2 weeks to enjoy nothing but 24/hour love. Mr Smith made me realize this would be one of the last few mornings we could have like this - just to linger longer. No job stress (mostly), no children stress, no church callings, no school. Nothing. I know - my life is so hard. But this is but a small moment. And shouldn't last long because then it would no longer be special, but mostly because we're meant to do things. (I still stress over not having things to stress about because I'm that cool).

Even though I want to be doing so many things I'm not, I do have to realize that there is a time and a place. I'm the worst with being patient, because I also understand I have to be the change. So any way, enjoying the times, yet creating and flexing with change is the balance of life. I suck at it, but hopefully I'll get better. 

Mr Baker (Mr Smith) is in the kitchen making chocolate chip cookies from the Betty Crocker book he said his mom used growing up.  I never use shortening because I've been brainwashed that it's the worst thing for you. Plus - I don't bake; my attempts struggle. However, Mr Smith insists two different kinds are required for his masterpiece. Just perfect. But it's cute.


Comments

  1. That picture of you is STUNNING, Kayla! Holy gorgeousness. I'm proud of you for being brave enough to chop it off. I have had the same haircut since I was literally sixteen... Maybe after this wedding business I'll join you in the short hair club. We know darned well how horridly hot DC summers are... Send me your new address when you get a chance, por favor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...