Skip to main content

Honey Do

I'm not sure when I thought it was okay to say "I'm going on a run." Probably because I just wanted to keep up with all the cool people I admire. More like "I'm going on a death jog - never - never - running"

Any way, I checked it off. What seemed like a nice, cool after-shower, quickly became 100% humidity and a heart attack. I really want to keep up some sort of regular increased heart rate exercise. I want to get a stronger heart almost as much as I want a hard butt. Running. Mr Smith's answer to most of my woes is running. Sigh. I admire him and his sexy butt. Oh yeah, he's going to love this post.

He is away helping Rachel & Reagan create a pocket door. I know he's excited to finally get his hands on his tools again, so I'm all for making use of them. I'd still love to see him and his tool belt. Yeah, I think I could easily pull up a chair with my lemonade orange-orange Vitamin water and stare at that shirt off and arm muscles hammering and lifting 2X4s. Oh honey-do . . .

why so serious?

Has anyone been to the post office and tried mailing a package recently? Madness. I can't believe how expensive it is to mail 1 lb. How about this, don't mail anything unless you have a lot of stuff you can pack into a flat rate. Otherwise, only shop free shipping online. 

The bathroom and kitchen are clean. Now I need to push through 90% of those wedding photographs I've put off editing. We have exactly 2 weeks before we move. I have exactly 7 work days left. Eric has one paper due on Monday he'll write on Monday and he's finished with Grad school. Time flies. Okay, it actually hasn't really hit us yet because we've been anticipating this move so much, but I'm sure once it comes we'll be like oh-em-gee DC is in the past - crazy.

Just Mrs Smith waiting on Mr Smith and trying to act like she doesn't miss him. I won't text him, again. I'll just wait, because I don't need him. I'll tell myself I love this time alone. I do love that man, my man.

him and her portions.


Oh, it's also our 6 months today. My dad sent me this picture awhile back forgetting he had taken it. It made me smile because I remember walking in, sitting there, reading half of everything counting on Mr Smith to read everything. The best decision came the next day when we went to the temple. I wish I was less stressed out that day, but ya know, it's unlike me not to be. I'm just glad it happened and that 6 months later I love him more.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...