Skip to main content

Do It & Be it

Not everything is explainable because not everything is understandable by minds veiled from ultimate and complete truth, but we know enough where excuses don't matter. We can know our limits. We must stop our minds of worry because there are lessons we should be learning now that we must not overlook.

There are a lot of "whys" that won't be answered to the detail that we think we deserve, or need, to keep moving.  God loves us and we're here to learn and prove ourselves worthy of eternal glory; sometimes I think what matters most is how. How can we know and how can we move forward. When I focus too much on the why, I seem to get more lost and stagnant. (not to downplay good reasoning, never would I do that, I'm just simply stating that we cannot let it distract us).

So - how can I learn truth, truth that is relevant to me right now; how can I do something that makes the most difference. How can I become that person I want to be, the person Christ sees?

I'm not going to proceed by listing off the answers. I probably already know some, but it's harder to be a doer of the word. However, I hear it now more than ever, to not just listen and know, but 
to be, to do, to act.

I see it happening with everything and you can't really get away from it. Hopefully that's what the home is for, to escape the world - what the world thinks is okay and acceptable. Equality is being misused. Tolerance is being misinterpreted. Morality belongs strictly within the walls of a religious institution (their words not mine). There is no person to blame or judge out of spite or malice, or misunderstandings. There is never justification for hatred, intolerance or abuse. There are only actions, ill in nature, that should be untrusted, disapproved, and neglected.

Our homes are our biggest source of protection. And of course, the cunning and evil one would send his mighty forces to start there. But he has no power over us, over any of us. We have the ultimate control over our minds and our actions and that's how we move forward, by first controlling our minds and our actions. (first & forever - this is definitely the hardest part) Anything that takes away that control should be abandoned.

My decisions in life are very governed by my beliefs because it's not just what I learn on Sunday, it's who I am and what makes me, me. I keep going back because I found it to be true. I believe things that feel right and prove to be right and I keep moving with that.  

"Daily, constantly, we choose by our desires, our thoughts, and our actions whether we want to be blessed or cursed, happy or miserable. One of the trials of life is that we do not usually receive immediately the full blessing for righteousness or the full cursing for wickedness. That it will come is certain, but ofttimes there is a waiting period that occurs, as was the case with Job and Joseph."

"Why did God put the first commandment first? Because He knew that if we truly loved Him we would want to keep all of His other commandments. 'For this is the love of God,' says John, 'that we keep his commandments' When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities."

The great test of life is obedience to God.
The great task of life is to learn the will of the Lord and then do it.



"If someone were to ask me what I believed, I'd tell them, but they should see it too"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...