Skip to main content

And we just gave the Peace sign

Okay okay already. Maybe I like being dead to the world? SO so much has been happening that when I stop, I just head for the bed. True story. So while we weren't blogging . . . 

I quit my job, Eric graduated, we said goodbye to the in-laws, packed up the Uhaul and two cars, moved 5.5 hours SW, unloaded, went on a mini-vacation, I had my first interview in 1.7 years, and we went shopping to a billion and one stores. We are proud to announce that the Smiths are new Costco members. We've been two days in the two days we've had it, and will probably go back tomorrow because Mr Smith really wants that TV and it turns out the tinfoil is cheaper. Plus free food Saturday - we'll be there.


the analysts at 2020 Company, LLC - my last day of work!

Cheers to unemployment!

It's Memorial weekend and you know what . . . that means I turn 24. Freakin scary, but I love both of those numbers so maybe it'll be a great year. I'm hoping Mr Smith will just get some of these pictures hung on the wall. That's all I ask. Such a good, simple wife. But I guess we are having an expensive month with all these new move-in purchases and it was me who insisted on the mini-vacation. A couch and TV are hopefully coming soon. I should have taken pictures of what the apartment looked like from the Uhaul unload. Seriously though, in just about two days we have all but one box emptied. 

We I can't wait to share with you our home though. We went from 600 sq/ft to 1010 sq/ft and are saving about $400. Please come to visit. You even get your own bathroom with new towels and curtain from Target.

I feel like there is so much I could probably write about. Let's begin with the move out because it's pretty short and I'll mostly explain it with pictures. Glenn and Colleen Smith came to visit, graciously bringing out Eric's stuff along with previous childhood memories (sorry mom I made him hide the cat stuffed animal and I've almost got the piggy bank hidden away). We didn't see a whole lot, but we did manage to get to the Holocaust Museum, all the outside monuments, Arlington Cemetery/Marine Corps Memorial, a swing around the Capitol plus a personal tour of the White House from Eric's old roommate whose a secret agent man. We also took one last trip to the beautiful DC temple. They were awesome with helping us load the Uhaul and I for one am gracious for the heavy lifting Glenn was able to help Eric do. 


This is the Mr Smith look. 

and then Eric graduated - FINALLY! (that's what everyone was saying)

And we got him all dressed up. Of course we compared it to BYU's graduation and it just doesn't compare.





one very proud wife! (I'm a wife, hahahaha)
Mr Smith said not to smile. If we look dead sexy, we are.

Then Mr Smith said that's enough photos . . .




He loves it.

And then that night we packed up our crap.
And woke up at 6 AM the next day to roll out.
And guess what, we I sure looked like 6 AM 


Aw we will never miss that place.
but it's the first one, so it has to count for something.

Where Mr & Mrs Smith began - a kinda-home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...