Skip to main content

A Vacuum Story

So once upon a time a girl (the fairest) was vacuuming the entire 600 sqft of their apartment when she realizes that it really isn't working well. Her husband the fantastic Mr Burn Notice Watcher was ignoring her comments of frustration. It's not picking anything up! Finally . . . "honey, the vacuum is not working"

Mind you, this story begins with one of the best vacuums ever. The Dyson. A lovely wedding gift from her parents. (I really feel like a good vacuum, washer and dryer, and bed could possibly make my life magical - but let's get real we always want more)


He pauses his show to come over to help the poor maiden. After emptying it "that won't do anything" and trying to feel for where the power is coming (not the bottom of the vacuum) the conclusion is reached.

Mr Smith: "Kayla! look at all that hair!"
Kayla: "Oh my, our hair is tangled endlessly"!
Mr Smith: "First, let's clarify, your hair"
Kayla: "I thought I was doing so good with keeping it off the floor"
Mr Smith: "Well apparently we need to get you a better brush"
Kayla: "But that causes the issue"
Mr Smith: "Doesn't the hair get in your brush"?
Kayla: "half of it"
Mr Smith: "Oh.my.gosh"
Kayla: It's a girl thing and I feel like it could be worse"

Just for the record, Mr Burn Notice Watcher turned Dreamy Prince when he got his knife out to cut out all of my hair tangled in the vacuum head so that it could spin again. I know, sick. I'm sure there was a button on the vacuum to make the cleaning process easier, but Mr Smith didn't have time to wait for a manual reading.

And we can vacuum once again . . .

PRODUCT REVIEW: I don't think I could ever spend so much on a vacuum without it being on sale; however, this is a GREAT vacuum if you get that more affordable price. It's easy to use, great to maneuver, perfect to store and I can count on it to last. Eric thought it was too light, which made it seem cheap. I told him to get a life that this was top notch and perfect for our apartment and even a home one day.  I believe he's starting to agree.

Comments

  1. I can't count the number of times my dad cut my hair out of the vacuum growing up. Don't worry. It's normal. My husband and I have wood floors at the moment, so we've been spared for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Don't worry Kayla! It IS a girl thing and it only gets worse when you add more girls to the house! You should see what Kevin has to clean out of the shower drain after all 3 of us ladies have bathed! YUCK! But totally normally :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...