Skip to main content

The Hanks are in DC!

Naomi and Kevin made it!
I've been hearing about this awesome couple for forever.
Kevin is one of Eric's best friends, and cousins
and Naomi has grown up with Eric since elementary school,
yet we weren't able to meet this naturally loving family until last night.
Now how to remove them from Chicago and transport them next door...
Mr Smith just wants someone to share tools with =)

Yes folks, the weekend has finally arrived, and you know what that means? The Rock & Roll Marathon. Our lovely husbands are trying to expire their aged years. Well, at least mine is. Just kidding honey! kinda-but-not-really. 

Mr Smith is always in fit shape (I keep him as a great role model), but a marathon is a little above and beyond the every day wear and tear of the knees/joints/feet/arms/muscles etc... I'm so proud of him though. One day I'll make him proud. Although a marathon will never be in my future (I'd might as well start picking out a coffin), I'm thinking a half marathon is a great one-time goal.

ANY WAY - although they are crazy, it brought the Hanks into to DC with their darling girls, princess Brooklyn and Princess Lily, who sometimes take on the roll of kitty cat when the stage needs it.

Pictures to come: complete exhaustion (Mr Smith at the finish line) and beauty (the blossoms are in full bloom)! I may have to balance myself as marathon cheerleader and photographer. Not of the runners (although surely I will be creeping on people too tired to care), but I have a couple who wanted some engagement shots with the blossoms and due to this awesome, but inconvenient, warm weather, the trees bloomed early!

Happy freakin Friday y'all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...