Skip to main content

Are we playing a game of winners and losers?

Oh we definitely are. And I hardly win, but like this one time where I said no, we need to get Extra Virgin Olive Oil and you thought Pure was better? I'm going to start writing these moments down, because remember how you'll always be like "give me an example" and of course I never can remember. The curse of a bad memory; I cannot recall those few times where I was right against his adamantly stubborn self. Mr Smith does have to meet defeat every once in awhile.

But some fights I will never win. Like the dentist one: when I get upset that he put the skittle bag next to his bed and is popping in a handful right before shut eye. Seriously, this happened last night:

Kayla: "Whaaaaaaaaat was that noise!?!?!?"
Mr Smith: haha *shuffle sounds from the bag being placed out of sight*
Kayla: "Eric! You are going to bed! Your teeth are going to rot. ...I will never win this argument will I?
Mr Smith:  "Nope"
Kayla: "Ugh. this is so frustrating. I love good teeth and you're just going to get old and rotty (teeth) and I'm going to want to kiss you, but you'll have gross teeth and that makes me so sad."
Mr Smith: hahah
Kayla: "It isn't funny. You need to go to the dentist"
Mr Smith: "It's all a conspiracy. They are biased. They want your money."
Kayla: "I'm going to bed"
Mr Smith: *chomp chomp chomp*



Comments

  1. Hahahahahaaaaa... Ha Ha HA haha! I love you guys together!!!! Need I say more? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...