Skip to main content

Cooks in the Kitchen

This one is without Mr. Smith because he just had a breakfast burrito instead. Only he could give up our veggie dinner and be so skeptical about our key lime cheesecake.

My coworker Signe came over for an evening of cooking and baking, because let's get real, cooking takes an entire evening. And with our small kitchen to work with, forever! But I'm so glad she was willing to come cook and eat with me, especially when I got to make something I've wanted for awhile (that I knew Mr Smith would be like, but why?): sautéed peppers and zucchini along with garlic diced tomatoes and drained black beans all atop some good ole white rice and a layer of cheese. All the flavors worked amazingly well together and it was just divine. Thank you, Signe!



And don't we just love this dashingly fattening key lime cheesecake? Homemade graham cracker crust! I still feel like a little more lime on top could have sealed in the flavor a bit more, but at the time we just weren't sure.


I know I'm horrible at food pictures. I started putting it away before I realized I didn't even take a picture! So sorry it's on parchment paper, it's still looks fabulous if you ask me!!

I may have had some for breakfast. I sat in bed while Eric was still waking up seeing if he wanted some. "Not right now dear" but that means he's going to try it at a more reasonable hour! yahoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...