Skip to main content

Mr Smith goes to Washington to find Mrs Smith

Mr Smith made me waffles this morning. I think it was supposed to be me while he was in the shower - that way breakfast would be JIT, but it wasn't. I got sucked into my blog and posting new photos from this weekend's photoshoot. Then he got ready and made breakfast and before you know it I'm at the table shoving down chocolate chip and regular crispy waffles. Then I feel lazy and as I get out of the shower I see that he's cleaning the apartment. 

How-did-I-get-so-lucky-and-lazy

Oh wait, the latter part was always in existence.

I love a man who knows how to do things.

I feel like I am a wonderful audience eating kale chips instead of popcorn
(because our microwave sucks and burns the popcorn)



I guess I'll clean the bathroom. He hasn't come out directly to say he hates it, but I've gathered it by observation. 

UPDATE on our weekend: Eric played in the ward's first basketball game. Not the best team, but I was entertained. I can't go to games anymore cause I attract girl scouts who basically beg us (me) with those puppy eyes to get some thin mints "oh-if-you-must-make-me." He played a great game for the record. He has so much energy on the court. We then traveled to the National Cathedral for some engagement photos I had to do. We watched "Cowboys and Indians" from red box (this is what marriage does to you).  Two of my least favorite things in one, plus Harrison Ford who I really can't handle in movies anymore; he ended for me right after "What Lies Beneath." We found the perfect table for our microwave so it is out of the kitchen and gives me counter space now! We taught our primary class the difference between our spirit and our body. Pretty much ate the 1 lb. bag of twizzlers. Now what to do on our day off?

It's so cold I feel like it's limiting. Eric may go on a run. I may read a good book. I told him we need a Wii for Zumba.  It's either that or my failed attempts at yoga through youtube. I mean, I'm okay with getting fat during the winter months. We don't all have Eric's metabolism. However, I'll hold on to mine as long as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...