Skip to main content

Dear Parents

I thought about something today. I think you should change to Progressive so you can get the brake monitor too. I learn from the best. 

Love, 
Your daughter

I didn't get any points this evening. Too bad I got 5 on the way to work this morning. Too bad I woke up at 8:27 AM, which is when I typically leave. Good thing I have a husband that rolls over and rubs my arm. Too bad I checked the clock and go into a panic. Too bad I took the last of the toilet paper. Too bad I didn't tell Eric (not on purpose). Good thing I still made it to work 5 minutes early. Good thing I have clothes on and didn't forget my sanity. Oh wait. I was in a stick-up-my-butt mood ALL FREAKIN DAY. So here's to no patience! My friend, lets settle in with spagetti for dinner. Because it looks like our budget doesn't allow for much else. Hey ohh!
What a good life. 

Oh, and thanks to the Westers {who got us a butt load of chocolates and a movie for two} I also ate candy for dinner!  I was also surprised by two packages at the door. Not one but two! Disregarding one my work got me, a note was attached to the second gift along with a gift card: 

From: Mom
To: (We won't call anyone out)
Happy Birthday!

Regifting? Dementia coming early? We'll take it!

Comments

  1. Awww, a husband that helps you wake up...how cute!! "Husband", can you believe that word applies to you now?! Husband, husband yay!! Oh, and I ALWAYS take the last of the toilet paper...even worse now that I pee every two seconds. Lol! My HUSBAND makes fun of me all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...