Skip to main content

Fathers

I love the idea that out of all the names he could have chosen, Heavenly Father chose to be known as Father. How impactful to me.

I love my Father. Even if I disappoint him, he doesn't let me know. To me, he's a big, happy teddy bear who knows his little girl is her own crazy person, but makes me feel like I'm all the better because of it. I love him for how he loves his children. Our phone conversations are rare, but they're perfect. No matter how grown up I get, a girl always needs her dad. And to her, he fixes everything.


And we all know I love Mr Smith. I could not breathe if I did not have him. That doesn't mean he makes it easier to breathe all the time, but literally I just don't know how I'd handle life without him. But it's not husband day; it's Father's day. His relationship with Alexis is priceless. I love all that he does for her. He is a daddy through and through. He works hard to take care of both of us. He works hard so that Alexis can have her mom at home. He protects us. He tickles us. He teaches us. He loves us. 

And we love Dads. 


I didn't do the cute craft project or candy wrapped in a pun.
It's hard to be cute.
hopefully,
rock climbing. the world cup. papa johns. twizzlers. and mom on poop duty.
will do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...