Skip to main content

I passed

I passed my glucose exam. It has been awhile since I've had to fret about any tests (thank heavens) but luckily at an 88 (<140 is normal) I am normal!! I guess this time I'll appreciate some normalcy.

I am so tired; I don't stay awake past 10 PM much these days, but I'm sitting here making sure I don't need to kill a robber or pull a baby out of a fire while she sleeps perfectly (in every way I'd like to be). Man I would hate to pay a babysitter just to sit outside a dark room and blog all night (because that's all she can do not to fall asleep). That's why you need selfless friends like me, right Lori? Too humble?

Any way, they might come home to find me drooling on their carpet.  Mr Smith stayed with me for the majority of the time and got her really tired for me. Man I love men that know how to utilize that playful energy. I understand why they get to be the fun ones. We get to do everything else. Joys.

I attempted to start that first goal of mine (plan out dinners) but that sort of excitement won't keep me alive tonight. Mr Smith says no worries, I'll get $40 whether or not I plan. (i.e. I'll learn quickly)

Me: I need your help because I work too and don't want to do it all.
Mr Smith: But you're so much better at it
Me: *eyebrow raise*
Mr Smith: ...and you'll be cooking more than I ever will
Me: *glare*

Well, as long as he figures out the taxes. But then I'll think he did them wrong and will want to look over them any way. Just like he'll ask about how much this meal costs and wouldn't doing it this way be better etc...
#married-life-is-so-sweet

Comments

  1. ha! On the way home when I was texting you about going to sleep on our couch I was saying to Scott how boring it really is to watch babies! You're with them for maybe 2 hours and then you're by yourself, in the dark, nothing to do, for 4 hours. So yes, thank you! And it is really lame paying for babysitters when they just watch movies or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Kayla I'm glad I visited your blog today. We have those discussions all.the.time. (Oops I commented when I was signed in to my old junk mail account)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...