Skip to main content

The Final Days

Like literally, when you can't count by months or weeks even, the anticipation escalates. "Any day now" thanks for inductions. I'm already in bed by 9 and falling asleep at the dinner table. I'm up with the sun by 7:30 and every morning the same thought crosses my mind first - I guess I made it through another night; here goes another day of potential contractions.

At my 39 week apt, I was a tight 2cm dilated, still at 70% effaced. So I've been low for a month, but the contractions are still waiting to get the real action started. My doc tried to stretch things out as best she could and advised that I get to walking. Too bad I have been feeling nauseous again. As if my stomach is in my throat, probably because it is. Typical symptoms aside, it's the anxiety more than anything. Am I REALLY ready for the pain again? How else can I make best use of this time? Am I really ready to nurse and be up all night again? Will I have better control over my emotions to handle TWO needy kids? We shall see I guess. So far, no family plans for our last week as a family of three. I'm tempted to take her swimming, but I'm pretty sure I have nothing that would cover all of this.

In the meantime, we have enjoyed our last week with lots of sunshine!



Yep, that's exactly how it feels.


Stocking up at Sams ended with .99 frozen yogurt. What's one more pound at this point!? I basically reached my first pregnancy weight gain without going a week over. Ooi. More stretch marks to show for it.


We still had a lot of downtime chilling with books and more inside picnics. I love that she loves reading, but mostly I love it when she takes it upon herself to read. I also appreciate it when she lets me sleep at the picnic since this morning really wasn't doing much for my energy level. Still in my robe and all.


I think we're ready. 4 more days max. The only thing really scary is that somehow Donald Trump is a front-runner in this years presidential election. I still can't wrap my head around it. That's the future for my children? Is there even a chance they will have the childhood I was blessed with in a country of honor and freedom? I have my doubts.

Comments

  1. The picture on the scale......the toes are so Smallwood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...