Skip to main content

Victory Is Mine

I hate to sound so vain and completely full of myself but at my six week checkup, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Give or take not knowing exactly where I started because I don't want to own a scale. I hate to say it (not really) but I've only been nursing & walking up the three flights of our apartment building a couple times a day. (I guess I did lose my pregnant appetite). So I'm kind of back in my old clothes. I still can't wear dresses cause of nursing and my "abs" from before are extra missing but hopefully things slowly tone up (because right now it's extra fluffy). It's nice how the skin just hangs. The stretch marks of sacrifice and love. Love marks. That's what I'll say when the kids ask.

And no I didn't really mean "kids". My OB encouraged the prenatal for nursing and in case I got pregnant again. I just gave her "the look of death" and she laughed. I'm not strong enough to hit the repeat button yet.

Mr Smith still doesn't like the 6 am wake up time. But at least she goes back to sleep about 40 minutes later and is just so cute in the mornings. She is smiling more & more. We got a 5 hour run last night but she is so noisy I was up before then. I don't know why we ever leave her in our room. Typically it's like 3-3-2 starting from 10ish. At least I try to make 10 bedtime. And she's pretty good at going to bed after she eats.

The in-laws are in town so we haven't done much but adore Alexis. I did learn how to make funeral potatoes. We bought homemade bread from the Moravians at Old Salem. I still really want this chair from the antique store for my photo shoots but haven't given in to the $24 price tag yet. I've been trying to be more productive while I have extra willing Alexis-holding hands but eh. . . I'm lazy.

Today is her blessing day. I'm praying she can stay extra sleepy (she was a doll - only made noises when the headband fell in her face & her daddy didn't fix it)! She's sleeping in my arms right now. #eatyourheartout

They think she recognizes me. I think that's cute. I like being recognized!

grandpa smith!
grandma smith!
6 weeks! visit from the grandparents & baby blessing

6 weeks!



i post this cause she is darling




Comments

  1. Buy the chair. don't be silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. And your husband is the spitting image of his dad. At first, I thought it was your husband holding her in that top picture (I just glanced at it) and then I looked back thinking "He doesn't have that many wrinkles..." and realized it was his own father. Alexis looks just like you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...