Skip to main content

Southern Living

a trip to the...
Farmers Market!

one of my first Winston-Salem friends, Addi.

The other Smiths are canning green beans! One day we'll be that cool...

cucumbers, zucchini, squash... I love it all

My absolute favorite! I actually didn't purchase anything and went along for a look-see. At least they had free samples!

I also fell in love with roasted red pepper goat cheese on crackers. Mr Smith doesn't seem to be onboard with my desire to eventually own a goat, but we'll give him some time to think about it. The goat cheese is too expensive not to have a goat... He made sure to clarify that when he says he loves cheese, he loves medium or sharp cheddar. They say you can't change your spouses. I married him!

Temple Trip!

Mr Smith went to help the youth with baptisms, so I went along to see if I could assist or do temple work for others. Turns out it's not like DC and timing is important at this temple, but nonetheless, I enjoyed being there in that special place. I miss the DC temple, but it's the same spirit and purpose that brings you to any of the 138 operating temples around the globe!

Raleigh, NC - LDS Temple

Eric was not supportive of this picture and the sun. Very typical.

everyone has told us to try this place, so we finally did! Great shakes and chicken sandwiches. I tried the banana pudding shake and Mr Smith got the chocolate (one step up from vanilla). They had 40 flavors to choose from so you know I had a panic attack at the drive thru window and Mr Smith had his patience tried. I had to explain how this decision was so important. If I'm going to spend the calories and money, it better be awesome! He understands me too well. So next time you're in the neighborhood - we'll treat you to a fabulous southern meal. No weight-watching here!


Comments

  1. oh dear...I panic everytime I go to get a shake. My go to is the oreo mint with heath. yum. I have a can of dilly beans for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...